Sunday, January 26, 2014

On Becoming A Butterfly: A Birthday Tribute To Cassie

 

We delight in the beauty of the butterfly,

but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.

Maya Angelou


 
 
Photo Used With Permission From Artist
 Robin Lassiter http://www.robinlassiterart.blogspot.com/



ON BECOMING A BUTTERFLY

A fuzzy, furry caterpillar was plopped upon my Grandmother’s lap one day

“I’m not sure where it’s going to live?” I thought

But She asked if “it” could stay

 

The creature grew year by year

Into an awkward little thing

We wondered where her cocoon would land

Perhaps beneath her trampoline

 

As it followed me, inch by inch

I was finally forced to say,

“It’s time to grow up little one,

You must find your own way”



Life’s twists and turns held her tight
Until she spun a place

To clearly hear our grandmother’s voice

Though she could no longer see her face

 

“Oh no,” I though as she moved away

At last our little one has gone

As she struggled to endure the pain

It became clear she must do it alone

 

And when she returned with colorful wings

I smiled and looked to the sky

Imagining the joy it brings for Gladys

To see her little caterpillar

Emerge as beautiful butterfly

~Happy Birthday Cassie~

Love Always

 Nette





 


No comments:

Post a Comment